Okay, it’s time for that classic blogger rite of passage – exploring the funny, interesting, and downright bizarre search terms people have used to find my blog. Let’s break them down by category:
I guess I write about food a lot…
- vinartorta with strawberry jelly – Quite a few people have found my blog by searching for vínarterta, which is just fine and dandy. What’s not so fine is the idea of someone making “vinartorta with strawberry jelly.” Prunes or bust, in this Icelander’s opinion.
- candied puffin eggs iceland – Hmm. Now there’s something I didn’t try.
- iceland moss pancake – Never heard of this either. Icelandic moss soup, Icelandic moss tea, and Icelandic moss bread, yes, but pancakes? Not so sure about that.
- bourdain gag – Haha. If you use these search terms, my blog is on the first page of results.
Blame it on the Canadians…
- pictograms of nationalities – Do these even exist? Sounds racist…
- grow up pictogram – Peter Pan would not approve.
- essence of pictogram – Wow, getting philosophical.
- paranoia pictogram – Creepy.
- free sandwich pictogram – Now, there’s a pictogram I could get behind.
Iceland. It’s so hot right now.
- katie holmes iceland – Yep, she was there.
- tom cruise iceland – Yep, he was there.
- ben stiller iceland – Him too.
- katie holmes bound – Now this is a little disturbing.
- mel gibson – Mel Gibson? What???
- katie holems reykjavik
- jonsi saetur
- celebrities who speak icelandic
A selective sampling of disparate search terms…
- iceland people proud of pirate – my blog is the #1 result for this search. Try it and be amazed.
- how to explain why going to iceland – If your supposed friend requires you to give him an explanation of why you’re going to Iceland, he probably shouldn’t be your friend.
- hello kitty reykjavik – This is all Jolene’s fault.
- nei! icelandic kids book – Never heard of this book, but it’s probably right about at my reading level.
- indoor fleemarket icelanders – only amusing because of the spelling error
- work in fish factory, I smell – I particularly appreciate the syntax of this search.
- funny girl dish washing – Um, why would anyone search for this?
SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST
Why oh why were people searching for these things?
- ég tala kaka íslensku t-shirt – For the record, kaka and ekki are not synonyms…
- twitter tasting cream – Not sure I even want to know what this is about.
- thai lottery chat boun – Of course.
- care bears natural wonder – Pretty sure care bears are not indigenous to Iceland.
- gran bar asland/green knight/gays – Uhhhh what?
- icelandic words for “this savage knows our ways”? – Speechless.